Tea – a natural remedy
Many health benefits have been claimed from drinking tea
- Tea has antibacterial, antioxidant, antiseptic and detoxifying properties.
- A recent study found that drinking more than two cups of tea a day helps to decrease the risk of death following a heart attack.
- Green tea extracts have been found to inhibit the growth of cancer cells in the lab.
- Research suggests older women who are tea drinkers are less likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis than those who do not.
- Drinking tea regularly for years may produce stronger bones.
- Researchers think tea may be able to help people afflicted with bad breath, or halitosis, prevent cavities and gum disease.
- The antioxidant, detoxifying antibacterial properties of tea, as well as the vitamins and minerals present in tea helps to strengthen the immune system.
Bamboo Natural Therapy sources its range of Chinese teas from a number of suppliers. Among them is the Chinese Tea Company based in, London. They source traditional, handmade loose leaf teas directly from tea farmers in China. More than 60 different types of tea includes Green tea, Oolong tea, Puer tea, White tea, Jasmine tea, Flowering Tea, Herbal tea and Taiwan Oolong teas.
The Chinese Tea Company is also dedicated to promoting Chinese tea culture and hosts Gongfu Cha tea ceremonies and tea tastings sessions in their tea shop. See their website for more info.
Another of our suppliers is Beijing Tongrentang which has a history of more than 340 years, since the first year of the reign of Emperor Yongzheng in Qing Dynasty.
We stock a selective and special range of vacuum packaged Chinese teas which can be purchased in various quantities.
The current range includes: Oolong, PuEr, Shoumei White Tea, Bilouchun, Tie Guan Yin, Silver Needle, Huang, Shan Mao Feng, Da Fo Long Jin as well flowering teas and teas blended with Jasmine, Chrysanthemum, Lily, and Amaranth.
We also sell tea related products from porcelain to glass teapots and tea cups - everything you need to make the perfect cup of Chinese tea.